The eagerness of making my own burgers has been too long and I can't wait anymore. If you prefer something different from those you always had outside, try this recipe of mine. As an Asian, I always like to add on with some Asian taste in my food, same goes to this burger patties recipe.
As I love spices so much, I used curry powder to mix together with my minced meat and I had added on with some chopped fresh coriander to enhance the fragrant of the mixtures of the meat. You won't believe the fragrant of the patties were so good when I pan-fried them. To neutralize the hotness of the burgers I served them together with all my time favorite salads - coleslaws. Perfect!
This is a very easy to make homemade burgers, crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. Enjoy!
500g minced meat (beef or pork)
4 or 5 shallots, finely chopped
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp cooking oil for pan-frying
4 slices of cheddar cheese
1/4 cabbage, shredded
1/4 carrot, shredded
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp mayonnaise
4 burger buns
1 tbsp butter (to brush on sliced burger buns)
Fried French Fries
1. Preheat oven 180 degree Celsius.
2. Brush every piece of the sliced burger buns and arrange them on a baking tray and bake them for 15 minutes or until both sides turn golden brownish. Set aside once done.
3. To prepare coleslaws, combine all ingredients, mix well and place in the fridge while preparing the burger patties.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine all burger patties ingredients.
5. Divide the mixtures of minced meats into 4 portions of round patties.
6. Gently press on the round patties to your desired thickness.
7. Heat-up oil in a pan, place the patties in the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Flip the patties and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
7. In the last 2 minutes, place the 1 piece of cheddar cheese on top of the every piece of the burger patties and let them melt on top.
8. Dish out the burger patties and place them on the sliced burger buns, garnished with lettuce and coleslaw as topping.
9. Enjoy the simple combo of spiced burgers with mayonnaise and cheese. So simple!